ICME Code of Conduct
As a professional Cast Metals Engineer you are obliged to conform to the Institutes code of conduct set out below. Failure to meet the code may result in disciplinary action.
- To act with due skill, care and diligence and with proper regard for professional Standards
- To act responsibly to secure the welfare, health or safety of members and non-members.
- To act in accordance with the principles of sustainability, and prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment and society.
- To continue your professional development throughout your career and actively assist & encourage members and non-members to advance their own knowledge and experience.
- To accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under your supervision.
- To treat all persons fairly and with respect.
- To avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest, and advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- To observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- To reject bribery and all forms of corrupt behaviour, and make positive efforts to ensure others do likewise.
- To assess and manage relevant risks & liabilities and communicate these appropriately.
- To notify the Institute if convicted of a criminal offence or disqualified as a Company Director.
- To notify the Institute of any significant violation of the Institute's Code of Conduct by another member.